Saturday, August 22, 2009

Oh god, really?

Wow.

I don't know about you, but there's nothing more tragic/funny/mind-numbing than finding out people that have only known each other six months are getting married.

I understand that you are 23 and think that what you're feeling is significant and different than anything you've felt before...but getting married is not the way to prove to her friends that you meant it when you said, "I'll never cheat on her again. Like, I mean it this time."

The state of marriage in America is so unhealthy it amazes me that anyone bothers to even try anymore. Were it not for every woman's dream of being a bride, and every guy's relief at the tax cuts it will bring, I don't believe marriage would be high on ANY thinking person's priority list.

Say what you will about "love" being the reason people want to get married - but I for one plan on LOVE being the thing that keeps me with my significant other and not some $45 piece of paper and fear of divorce papers from my lawyer.

0 comments: