Thursday, August 13, 2009

Works in Progress

The darkness is starting to lift. The soles of my feet dragging away from a life I thought I'd never leave ignited a spark that is becoming a flame.
Flickers of hope dance across the deep blue waters that surround me here
and cast dancing shadows on these walls -darkly illuminating a smile that is reaching my eyes after making my lips a false plaything for so long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm genuinely excited to visit Portland this weekend. Not long before I moved out, three truly lovely souls moved into Hoyt House. Although I got to know them on a decent level - sharing bottles of booze, artistic hopes, and the occasional emotional outburst- I believe it's fair to say the girl that is returning Sunday is not the one who left - nor the one they met in June.

To think that I'll be meeting them again without being shrouded in the thick veil of sadness that clung to me for so many months...well, that's something to look forward to.

Not that I have no misgivings about visiting. I'll be entering Hoyt House with caution. The energies that reside in that house - and their ever raging battle for dominance - bring out the best and worst in me. I can only hope that my exit has done the house as much good as it has done me...and that I'm not entering a battlefield.

We shall see.

0 comments: