Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Parting Ramble...

I know I will write more about Hoyt House...but these were some rambling lines I jotted down...and left on the fridge before I left today.

And we're all orphans in these rooms.
Wandering hopeful children we came here to mend what is
beyond repair, in search of the illusive muse we've heard
feels like "belonging."

And we've met Heartbreak on these streets and passed
Redemption on these bridges. Smiled with Despair and made
Chance our lover.

Drawn to each other through fate or karma -
our lives writing stories of truths and regret.

Nights composed of sighs and laughter melted down to a
slow steady note
keeping time with the beat from Burnside.
We're creating - building - praying to Art or whoever will listen
we're crossing bridges not easily burned.

And as the door closes behind me - it swings on hinges forged of
memory and Hope.

0 comments: